One Hundred and something days
Updated: Mar 1, 2019
We've got just over 100 days until we move to Denver, and a mountain of things to accomplish. 100 days feels like a ton of time, but it simultaneously feels like we're moving tomorrow.
Here's what we're up to:
1. Staging our house for the sale- we had a photoshoot for our house yesterday (I didn't even know that was a thing) where I basically threw all of our belongings into the yard and act like nobody lives here. It's funny to think that people sold houses for thousands of years without photoshoots - but we roll with it.
2. Actually selling the house. blah! Our realtor is great, but selling a house is terrible.
3. Starting to pack up the house. I asked my wife if she would be ok with just having a large bonfire, and buying new things in Denver. I just got a look- maybe that means she's thinking about it....? or not.
3. Building a prayer and financial partnership team. One of the scariest phrases I have heard through this entire process was "you're not in the budget after x date." 😳 We're believing God for our full partnership team to be raised in the next 100 days. (to that point - If you know someone who may be interested in partnering, I'd love to speak to them!)
4. "Branding" for the church. Trying to develop a logo that captures who we are, and who we want to become. If I invert another churches logo, does that violate trademarks? jk.
5. I'm on a phone call with an online giving platform even as I finish up this post.
I don't have anything deep today except to say that God cares about all the details, and He will see them through. Our job is just to be faithful.
He cares about your details, too. What are you trusting Him with?